Thursday, October 4, 2018

Flip Book

Enclosed is a link to the flip book I created. I had a lot of fun during the artistic process. In fact, it was rather cathartic. I was able to really look inside myself, examine my thoughts, and draw what I was feeling, what came to mind. Artistic freedom is so liberating. For the book itself, I thought a monochromatic, simple theme would better suit my purpose and artistic vision. The book I chose was a little over 400 pages, and because the book's size slowed down the animation, I chose to make more than 200 pages to help the viewer better see what was happening in each frame. A great deal of my work was inspired by still life images I saw from art exhibitions in my previous school. Every year, the art students would host an exhibition with their works from their first day of the class, till their big artistic debut, highlighting the ups and downs they experienced in their creative processes. I was always moved by the amount of work involved in their pieces and the commitment they had to their visions.

This was a fantastic experience that allowed me to think differently then I am asked in my other classes. Admittedly, this was my first time creating a flip book, and I know very little about what animation entails, but I worked diligently for a week, pursuing ideas that came to me, and finally executing them on paper.  I welcome all the other challenging projects that are to come, and I cannot wait to see what flip books my peers have created. I hope those who view this video enjoy the flip book.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qmuz34aq46U



2 comments:

  1. D, I can't imagine how long it took you to finish this project. Your animations are really interesting-it's cool that you used a variety of different stores to represent your art. Even though you say you're not an artist, I thought that your art was great. Nice work :)

    ReplyDelete