Saturday, September 8, 2018

Merging Two Images into One: Rocking Horsefly

Artist Statement
After being tasked to merge two unrelated objects into one fun, creative image, the whimsical world of "Alice in Wonderland" came to mind, and I decided for my project, that I would recreate a character from the beloved children's tale. Since I was a child, I have always loved Lewis Caroll's classic story about a young girl and the adventures she embarks on through her imagination. Because of my fondness for "Alice and Wonderland," I chose to a rocking horsefly as the subject of my project. The drawing itself is a monochromatic representation of a cheerful rocking horsefly. The illustration depicts a small pony with insect like wings and legs, a top of a carved wooden rocker. I hope those of you who see this piece can reminisce on your beloved childhood memories as I did during the creative process.

1 comment:

  1. I really like your Rocking Horsefly drawing. I'm a fan of Lewis Carroll's novel "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" and I'm also a big fan of the 1951 film version "Alice in Wonderland." I think you did a super great job with your illustration and depiction.

    ReplyDelete