Thursday, December 6, 2018

Final




This was my first time to actually edit a video, and so I was a bit worried at first. The concept behind my deconstruction was simple. I chose to depict the day in a young woman, recovering from abuse because it is a topic near and dear to me, one I am very passionate about and familiar with.  Abuse takes many forms, and just because we cannot see it, does not mean it isn't happening. It can make daily life increasingly difficult. Even the simplest of tasks become daunting and we are filled with regret and self-doubt. In my video, I wanted to convey how we are all comprised of our experiences, both good and bad, and that we should follow Nietzsche's advice and fall in love with our fate, our failures, and triumphs. Or else, we can take up Kierkegaard's approach at life and laugh defiantly in the face of our woes.

 I set about looking for music that best fit the feelings of hope and life an individual experiences following their recovery from abuse, and I believe the simplistic but poignant approach I took with the video, was appropriate. Recovery takes patience, but we should all be proud of even the tiniest of victories. I hope you all enjoy this short film, as much as I enjoyed making it.

3 comments:

  1. I really liked your film. It was a great first attempt at film making. I understood your message or at least what it meant to me. I believe it showed the other side of abuse the victim who must try to live a normal life. I think the fact that your explanation of the piece was just such it really did make the film have a different meaning. I hope you find fun in film making as it is a great expression of idea and is an overlooked art form as such.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understood the message after reading it, I didn't get it at first but the idea was good. Is good that you show this positivity out to people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work on your first time video editing. it can be tough to convey the message you really want with this medium, but you did it.

    ReplyDelete